I suggest you ...

I suggest you have a status update page

Sometimes activities copy almost immediately, sometimes it takes well over an hour. I wish I could go on Garminsync and see some sort of status for my account, see what phase of the sync process my activities are in, see my position in the Queue and see how long it wil take to get to me. Anything would be better than sitting for an hour hitting F5 repeatedly on Strava wondering when my activity might show up.

282 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PeterPeter shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin HaggertyKevin Haggerty commented  · 

Agreed 100%. I've used Tapirik in the past, and he's got a status that you see immediately when visiting the site - tells you something like "Next Sync in 25 minutes..."

• V CV C commented  · 

When sync to Strava has not happened for over 10 hours after the upload to GarminConnect, it's a bit annoying.
        I would not mind paying for this service. Even if you charge between $10 - $20 per year, it should yield funds to lease more server capacity.

• Amanda104Amanda104 commented  · 

The first couple if mine seemed to work, kinda late but worked all the same. Last night though I just bit the bullet and plugged it in to sync to Strava. Bit of a let down with the new Bluetooth technology on the 810..

• Nicholas TodeNicholas Tode commented  · 

I like this idea, but can't really complain about not having it in a free service. I suggest you make this a premium feature and charge $10 for it. I'd gladly pay.

• Adam ScottAdam Scott commented  · 

Not sure why they even have an article that claims "every 15 minutes" - I find it routinely takes at least an hour and sometimes doesn't copy for at least a day. I suppose you get what you pay for, but the OCD in me just wants to be sure it will copy eventually.

• r.heijsenr.heijsen commented  · 

Not knowing if Sync is doing its work is terrible. I use sync because Strava doesn't know my Oregon. And I am a litle lazy to upload 2 sites. But If I have to wait more than an hour I start to doubt if this is such a good sollution.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is still a problem. Some activities still not being copied. What's going on? Is the activity blocked? Because new ones i synced almost immediately got synced.

• nanette0269nanette0269 commented  · 

This would be so helpful! if somethign isn't syncing, is it because garmin hasn't pushed it to garminsync, or is it because garminsync hasn't pushed it to runkeeper...or has runkeeper simply not loaded it? Takes away a lot of frustration and "in the dark" wonderings.

• MattMatt commented  · 

+1 The sync seems to have slowed lately: some activities still copy quickly while others don't copy at all. Is there a problem syncing if you're viewing the activity in GC?

• DovDov commented  · 

+1 A status page would be good.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Similar problem. Seems very unpredictable. Works some days, others not. My ride from Monday didn't down load to strava at all.

• lkelly1947@gmail.comlkelly1947@gmail.com commented  · 

I have the same problem , but if I load the Activity in the Bulk upload, its virtually uploaded within 5 minutes

Feedback and Knowledge Base