I suggest you ...

Automatically copy new activities from Garmin Connect to Endomondo

Same as the other Runkeeper & Strava ideas, except for Endomondo. For those not familiar, Endomondo has additional health metrics beyond Strava, like for example the 12-minute Cooper Fitness Test.

I find the combined data set from Runkeeper, Strava & Endomondo that prior to my having a Garmin GPS watch, I would run all 3 apps simultaneously on my Samsung Galaxy S2, just so I wouldn't have to worry about the importing/exporting hassle.

544 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

I realize this is a top voted issue, but Endomondo is still not providing and API (interface) that a service like GarminSync can use to upload activities in a controlled way. As long as that is not available, it’s not possible for GarminSync to connect to Endomondo.

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sspeedsspeed commented  · 

Przemek, did you read where ENDOMONDO is not providing the APIs to do it? Go complain to them instead, that's where it would be most effective. I know one service that reverse engineered their APIs from the mobile app and Endomondo blocked them from using it. Endomondo is the only site out there that I know of that is not open with their data. Complain to them.

• PrzemekPrzemek commented  · 

Are you kidding us? 2 years and still nothing?

• Thilo MeyerThilo Meyer commented  · 

And the other way round (Endomondo -> Garmin Connect) would great, too.

• Jared DavisJared Davis commented  · 

Thanks for the Update, Gero. I'll try to push on the Endomondo side.

Seems strange that this is the most voted for idea and there hasn't been any feedback from the moderator in over 6 mos. Anyone else find this a bit suspicious ;)

• Rob MontgomeryRob Montgomery commented  · 

I'm pretty sure Endomondo now has an API that you can use. MyFitnessPal and EndoMondo link up. Fitbit and Endomondo link up. Withings and Endomondo link up. I'm pretty sure it is available now and would be an excellent addition to Garminsync.

Endomondo pulled in all my fitbit data with no trouble…Maybe this is new?

• BenBen commented  · 

The easiest method currently is to click New Workout from the Endomodo website and select "Import from Garmin".

• SillySilly commented  · 

". I checked if Endomondo allows for uploading of activities by other applications and unfortunately they do not provide an API for that (like RunKeeper does). So for now, it not be possible to realise this. Once Endomondo does provide a way for other applications to upload activities, we could certainly support this from GarminSync."

• DonDon commented  · 

I would love to have this go to Endomondo, what is the major technical issue preventing this?

• Simon WSimon W commented  · 

Gets my vote - stumbled across this feature request while trying to figure out how to enable it.

Must be possible - FitBit does it (daily FitBit step activity uploads to Endomondo daily).

Fingers crossed in anticipation!

• GeroAdminGero (ConnectS, Garmin Connect Syncronization) commented  · 

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea. I checked if Endomondo allows for uploading of activities by other applications and unfortunately they do not provide an API for that (like RunKeeper does). So for now, it not be possible to realise this. Once Endomondo does provide a way for other applications to upload activities, we could certainly support this from GarminSync.

Regards,
        Gero

Feedback and Knowledge Base